Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Around here...



From the fullness of His grace, 
we have received one blessing after another.
John 1:16


This has been a challenging year for many folks. A year of illness, loss, tragedy and seemingly overwhelming circumstances. These events had their place in my own family as well. On one hand I could say, "oh my goodness! I cannot wait for 2014 to be over." But, on the other hand, I know God is perfect and sovereign and nothing comes into the life of a believer without God allowing it. There is where I rest and take much comfort. 

As our family of 23 gathered around the Thanksgiving table(s) this year - some tattered and battered from life, some feeling the enormity of losses suffered - I was reminded that we still had so much to be thankful for. 

Family is a treasure and should be treated as such. These are my treasures. 



Luke, engaging in prep work.
No way could I have pulled this off without the help of my guys!!

Steve prepping the bird 

 Kyle peeling potatoes - his job since he was 3 :)

 Random shot of "Pepita", Luke's cleaner shrimp
 (she was not on the menu, by the way)

 Table one (yes, disposable dishes were used)

Table two

 "Table" three - for those wanting to watch the game

Pre-meal shots of hubby and me 


My husband making the best mashed potatoes ever! 

 Julie, Pat and Ashley

Kaitlyn and Matt 

My brother, Anthony with my nieces, Francesca and Amanda  

Cousin Anthony talking with Dayna  

Scott and Pat
 (I do not know what my sister-in-law, Christy is doing in the background)

Kyle and Ashley - newly engaged :) 

 Carys and Eddie

Scott and Julie  

Baylee really wanting to come inside :(  

Cousins - Adam and Lukas 




Fire for s'mores :) 

Some of the cousins - Lukas, Adam, Amanda,
 Francesca and Kaitlyn

 Franny, Kaity, me and Mandy (I guess I could be "Jeannie")

 Time for some "Just Dance" 


 Cousin Anthony and Aunt Ann (she is looking good for an 89 year old lady 
who just had a "little" heart attack - that's what she keeps calling it)


"Will someone make me a s'more please?"



 Apparently, unbeknownst to me, there was quite a blaze going on outside the fire pit. Adam and Lukas had it under control (so they tell me), and thankfully Matt, my firefighter son-in-law, was close at hand. 

 More "Just Dance" - Even Baylee wants to try...



 Matt and Baylee

Lukas and Jenna

Kaitlyn, Baylee and me - sufficiently exhausted!

The End

So, there's a little peek into our Thanksgiving. They're not as big as they used to be, nor are they as loud....well, maybe not - we are Italian (and Scottish) after all. But they are still fantastic and they are ours :). 

Sidenote: I do not know how my dear cousin James escaped every single picture. We'll get you on Christmas Eve!

Give thanks unto to the Lord; for He is good: His mercy endureth forever.
Psalm 136:1

I hope that you will take some time to really enjoy the season that is now upon us. Consider the real reason for the season, which is the birth of our precious Savior, Jesus.

Be Well. Live Well. Love Abundantly.
Jeanne 


No comments:

Post a Comment