Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Reflections and Faith

Good morning dear ones!

Let me start off with... some writer I am! I knew it would be a monumental challenge to keep up with this blog, and writing in general, I am embarrassed to say! If only my plans could initiate themselves and my ideas, facilitate their own movement, and my words, transport to the paper effortlessly... if only...  Well, back to reality :) I will not give up!

It is a beautiful day here in the mountains east of Albuquerque. We are drying out after a weekend of snow and rain which means I can start cleaning up all the mud that made it's way into our house on the paws of our pups and the boots of our men. We are all enjoying the warmth of the sun. The cats are soaking it up in the window as we watch my youngest son, in a t-shirt, dig a hole for the electric gate. The ground is finally thawed enough to dig - yay!

I know it's March and it's a little late for New Year reflections, but then again, I'm always late. I thought I'd share a snip-it from a January 2013 journal entry.

"I am always so encouraged by a new year, with new plans, hopes and ideas. I'ts refreshing, exciting and invigorating! I love change and newness! I always have hopes of Spiritual revival in my home - that we would all hear the Call and step up to do what God would have us do. That we would be closer to Him this year than last (I go on to pray for each member of my family individually). I am excited to begin serving the youth at our church. I, like Daniel, purpose in my heart to always speak the truth in love, even when it's unpopular. I will always point them to the Living Water, but never water down the Gospel. I will be sensitive to the hearer, but never "seeker sensitive." I will serve the One True God, not 2 masters. I will seek peace, but not at the expense of the Gospel. I am thankful to God for this opportunity to serve completely out of my comfort zone, and participate in the good deeds He planned for me before the creation of the earth. My prayer is that people will see that and glorify my Father in Heaven."

Be well in this day the Lord has provided.
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment