Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Fear what?

June 14, 2013

Well, well, well... Here I am again, finally! It has been over a month since I posted. Honestly, how does that happen? I suppose with end-of-the-school-year happenings, being sick for several weeks, co-organizing a fundraiser, preparing for and attending a karate training camp, my youngest being sick, article deadlines, not to mention regular mom/wife responsibilities, some things just don't get done.... just a month in the life of a momma, right?

I was talking with a client this morning about why women (not all) get stuck in a rut. Why do we keep doing the same things over and over expecting different results, and then being discouraged when we don't get them? We want change, but we do nothing to get it. My client expressed that sometimes we get to that point where we could make a different decision, but we don't. We just do the thing that we've always done...the comfortable thing, the habitual thing. As she was talking, I thought, fear! Could it be fear that keeps us in that ditch of sameness. Fear of what? Change? The unknown? Scripture tells us that God does not want us living in fear. "Fear not, for I am with you." Be anxious for nothing.." "Cast all your cares upon Him..."

Now, I'm not talking about making changes for the sake of change alone. I'm talking about changing things that may be keeping you down, keeping you living under a burden, keeping you from experiencing the freedom in Christ you were made to have. Fear can paralyze and incapacitate. It can crush and derail. Whatever it might be that is keeping you from living abundantly and in freedom, fearlessly confront it and give it to Jesus! Don't ever forget that, as a believer, "He who is in you, is greater than he who is in the world!" You've got this!

Blessing,
Jeanne

Live well. Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment