Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

June 21, 2013

Hello and happy summer!

A dear friend of mine was due to come over today for coffee and catching up. She requested that I make us a forgotten favorite coffee drink, called Mexican Coffee. She was delighted to smell the aroma of the delicious brew when she entered my home, and even more delighted that the concoction was just as she had remembered. Because of my dear friend, I wanted to share that recipe with all you coffee lovers. So, that will be my post for today :) 

Disclaimer: This coffee is very strong!!

Ingredients:

3/4 C ground dark roast coffee
2 tsp ground cinnamon
6 C water
1 C milk
1/3 C chocolate syrup
2 T light brown sugar
1 t vanilla
whipped cream for garnish, optional
cream or half and half as desired, optional

Directions:
Place coffee and cinnamon in basket of coffee maker. Add water and brew as you normally would.

In a saucepan, blend milk, chocolate syrup and sugar. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Combine milk mixture and brewed coffee in saucepan. Don't let it boil, just keep it on the heat until it reaches the temperature you like. Stir in vanilla. garnish as desired and enjoy!!

I like to add cream to my mug - It's not like this is a healthy or low fat drink so, why not, right? 

Blessings,
Jeanne

Be well. Live well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment